May, 2019 - 2 positions are currently available:
Development Manager - Fulltime, Exempt Position
Our mission is to provide the highest level of compassion for the animals entrusted in our care; to measurably reduce companion animals' overpopulation and to take a leadership role in promoting humane values and education for the benefit of animals.
The Development Manager for Olympic Peninsula Humane Society (OPHS) helps plan and is responsible for increasing funding by carrying out various event, marketing, communications and community programs. The Development Manager informs both internal and external public of OPHS activities, services, mission, vision, goals and needs for sustainability.
Additionally, the Development Manager will help lead the very important role of volunteer acquisition, engagement, recognition and retention.
This position reports to and is under the direct supervision of the Executive Director.
· Collaborates with Executive Director, other staff and committees to coordinate strategic annual and long-term marketing and fundraising plans and calendars.
· Recommends, manages (and/or supports) and analyzes the success of various marketing activities as assigned
· Helps develop and implement innovative public relations and community awareness programs including media relations, communications, print materials, website and social media postings, adoption, social events and speaking engagements.
· Helps create and recruit new members for a comprehensive OPHS Animal Foster Program
· Negotiates with vendors and solicits in-kind donations and services as needed.
· In coordination with and under the guidance of the Executive Director and appropriate committees and volunteers, plans and helps produce special events including marketing, sponsorships, & logistics.
· Develops effective working relationships with donors, volunteers, board members and staff to nurture connection to and involvement in OPHS.
· Helps write and administer Enewsletter campaigns
· Provides support to the Event Committee in the planning and production of the annual Meowgaritas and Mutts event including marketing, securing cash and in-kind sponsorships from donors, businesses and corporations, planning and coordinating event logistics. Assure volunteers receive adequate support and assistance and that the event runs smoothly.
· Improves volunteer acquisition, training, engagement, recognition and retention.
· Works with Executive Director in coordinating grant research, writing and reporting
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
· B.A. /B.S. in human services, social work, marketing, English or business, or a combination of comparable education and experience.
· Must have a strong connection to the animal welfare cause.
· Excellent personal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of proper grammar, spelling and business writing techniques.
· Ability to relate effectively in a professional manner with donors, Board of Directors, volunteers, staff and clients on the telephone, by e-mail and in person.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Computer proficient with knowledge of or ability to quickly learn design programs and website maintenance
· Ability to cope under pressure and emergency situations.
· Neat and professional appearance.
· Ability to work in a busy environment, juggle workloads and meet deadlines.
· Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
· Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to an insured automobile for use on the job and ability to be insured under OPHS policy.
· Ability to, on occasion, work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
· Direct mail and donor outreach or equivalent experience in a non-profit or corporate setting a plus
· Successful grant coordination, institutional relations or equivalent experience in a non-profit or corporate setting a plus
· Drupal content management or website application experience a plus
Send resume to email@example.com. NOTE: You MUST put the words Development Manager in the subject line of your email to be considered.
This position is considered “EXEMPT” by the Fair Labor Standards Act. This organization reserves the right to revise or change duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Olympic Peninsula Humane Society is an “at-will” employer.
- Full Charge Bookkeeping
- Process Daily Sales and other Accounts Receivables, prepare deposits and take to bank
- Process Semi-monthly payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees and other related HR tasks, and calculate and pay payroll taxes
- Prepare and process weekly Accounts Payable checks to vendors and others
- Prepare and process daily credit card transactions, reconcile and pay monthly
- Calculate and file quarterly state business taxes
- Monthly Bank and investment reconciliations
- Monthly preparation of Financial Activity for Board of Directors
- Monthly preparation of General Journal entries
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of QuickBooks bookkeeping, accounting and business administration practices
- Advanced computer skills include Excel and other MS Office Suite programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills