Many things need to be taken into consideration when deciding how often your cat needs to be vaccinated. These include such things as:
• health status
• age and lifestyle of the cat
• how long a specific vaccineprovides protection for (“duration of immunity”)
• how likely the cat is to be exposed to the infectious agent
• how dangerous this agent might be
• licensing regulations ineach country
This is why re-vaccination intervals may vary, both from cat to cat, home to home, and with different diseases. Your veterinarian will be able to customize a vaccination schedule for your individual cat.